Thursday, January 13, 2011

Push

One of my favorite movies is White Christmas... One of my favorite lines the movie is when Judy tells Betty "You can't leave everything up to fate. Just like honesty needs a little plus, Fate needs a little push".

Well, I have given fate a little push. Yesterday I decided to send an email to someone that I really want to work for. I wrote a long thoughtful email as to why I wanted to work for them, the needs that I have seen in their company as well as the needs they have vocalized - and how I can fill those needs. I was TERRIFIED to send the email - but about an hour after I sent it, I received a return email saying that they would like to meet with me to discuss the position...

We will see what happens!

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Yay! That's how you get what you want- you make it happen. Good luck!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!! I hope it goes well for you Jenny. You deserve it!!!

Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kim said...

I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!!!! Good luck!!!