For some reason I feel like I'm changing. My goals, my wants, my needs, my everything is changing. I won't give too much detail - but I feel like I'm turning into a grown up maybe! Is that weird? I am afterall 28 years old now, I should be an adult! Anyway, I figured because I FEEL like i'm changing, it might be a good idea to actually make some changes... Here are a few of them...
1. Off the soda - I did this for almost two years and then decided to take it up again. No lies - I love Mt. Dew - so this is hard for me! There will be days when I need one and when those days come I will have to decide if it's worth the 3 points to me....
2. Yes I said points - I went back to WW last night. A good friend went with me and we will be going together - it's nice to have someone to help support me in this terrifying endeavor of weekly weigh-ins and meetings. I was successful last year - I will be even more successful and will stick with it this year!
3. Walking the Dogs - except in snow! Does that count? Travis and I want to walk the dogs every day. It will give us some much needed exercise and it will give the dogs some time to get rid of their pent up energy (staying inside with me while I do paperwork has got to be boring!). Plus, maybe we will meet some more of our neighbors this way! They will actually know that people live in our house!
4. BUDGET! yes, I spend too much money and I know it. We are working on a budget that doesn't sacrifice our lifestyle for our goals and visa versa. Since Travis is a financial planner it works out well for us! He is so smart when it comes to money and has seriously saved my financial life! So, we are going to be smarter with our money! We've gotta save more so we can do the things we want - Travel, Finish the bathroom in the basement, travel some more... you know, the important things in life.
5. No Texting while I drive! And this one is a huge/hard one for me! I drive a lot! Less than when I commuted daily - but since I teach at UVU 3 times each week, I'm in the car my fair share! BUT - I'm trying to stop texting while I drive. I know it's illegal - so is speeding and we all do that too! Anyway - I'm working on it and I'm getting better at it!
So... these may be small in the grand scheme of things - but I have to start somewhere right!?