Wednesday, December 15, 2010

#23 Surprise my husband

I thought that this goal would be the hardest of the entire bunch! I am horrible at keeping surprises a secret - I get too excited and always let it slip! However, this surprise I kept for an entire month!!!! Travis isn't a huge fan of Christmas. He is somewhat of a scrooge - I have my own thoughts about why this is - bu the just doesn't LOVE Christmas like I do. Last year, we didn't have a Christmas tree. It wasn't a huge deal since we weren't even going to be home for Christmas at all... but this year, we are having Christmas dinner at our house for both of our families so I thought we would need a tree. For the past month I have been hunting all over the internet and being sneaky and buying ornaments for our tree. I figured I would buy a tree, decorate it and be ready for him to come home one day... Surprise - we have a Christmas tree! I bought ornaments on ebay, etsy, and a bunch of random online shops. I got the last of my ornaments on the 6th of December and so the 9th was the day! My good friend Bethany and my little brother Spencer helped me buy a tree - put it up and decorate it while Travis was at work. He was completely surprised - and really liked the tree, the ornaments, and the decorations! I was totally proud of myself! I have since added other decorations - but this is what it looked like when Travis got home from work!

Me picking out our first Christmas tree - and it's real!

The tree and garland, up and decorated! There's more now - but this was a great start!

Travis was totally surprised! I can't believe I kept a secret for that long! Wow! I'm usually horrible at surprises - so imagine my surprise when I was able to pull it off! Woohoo! Merry Christmas!

No comments: