Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Camp 2008

So last night I'm minding my own business at the Yong Women's activity when the YW Secretary asks to speak with me. She pulls me aside and asks if I've seen the pictures of Camp Shalom. I tell her no I haven't seen anything. She then proceeds to tell me that she heard from a very reliable source (a.k.a her husband - the bishop) that there is 6 feet of snow up there, the lake is frozen, and by the way, cars can't even make it up there. She then asked me if we were still planning on going to camp? Like I know! This is the first I've heard of that! So I get home and see an email from the Camp Director who said she heard there is a buzz about snow up there and the possibility that we may have to go in August instead.... AUGUST! Really? Really!

I decided to take matters into my own hand and email the director and other assistant. Quite frankly August doesn't work for me. Call me selfish but I have planned my entire summer around Camp and I'll be damned if I have to change my plans. Okay really, I have nothing planned but a few concerts - that are in August, and very important to me! But the reality is, August is the only break I will have from school and even still it's only a 3 week long break - then it's school stuff until I graduate next May - so I need my August!!!!

I figure, if we can't go to camp next week at Shalom - let's go somewhere else. Who needs to go with the Stake? They plan lame activities anyway. Ugh - I really have no idea what to do. The director said she doesn't even want to think about it yet because she's ending school and her daughter is graduating. Really? Like i'm not busy - I'm sorry but this is kind of a small crisis! Whatever! So we're going to go to a meeting with the Stake on Thursday night to find out the stake's decision on camp. We'll see what happens I guess....

1 comment:

April and Rick said...

Jen,
It is so fun to be able to read on your blog about how things are going. I say you tell the Camp Directors sorry, and that you will be a no go for August. You have a life and have to draw the line somewhere right?! :) Ok, I am a bad example. Maybe if it doesn't get in the way of your concerts you could go.... Let's get together soon!