Tuesday, January 6, 2009

"Decisions are the Worst"

If you can name the movie this blog title comes from - You win a prize!!!

I always apologize for not having blogged sooner because things have been busy... and really, things are busy - so I probably shouldn't apologize anymore - it is what it is, busy! The sad thing is that for the next 67 days or so (really, who is counting) my thoughts are completely consumed with wedding plans - so... my blog will likely be wedding focused... my apologize in advance!

Anyway, those of you who know me pretty well, know that I am decision making impaired! I have a hard time making decisions if I don't have a strong opinion about them. Where do you want to go for lunch? I dunno, wherever. What do you want to do today? I dunno, whatever. What movie should we go see? I dunno, whichever one you want. It's a curse I guess.... If I really had a strong opinion I would express it! Hence the reason we have a specific person performing our wedding.... ANYWAY! T hates that I can't make a decision, he hates it so much in fact, that he decided we would take turns. On odd days he would decide, and on even days I would decide. So, imagine how awesome it's going to be for me to make a million decisions regarding a wedding! Riight...

T and I went out on Saturday to look at locations for the wedding festivities! We took my mom and M.O.H Shay to look as well. We saw 3 places, and I immediately knew which one I wanted.... luckily T and I were on the same page (until we figured out the cost... most of our budget would be taken up by the location! Luckily T came to the rescue and worked something out) and today we reserved Sun River Gardens for the wedding/reception! Yay! Big decision # 1 down! A million more to go!

What's the one thing we couldn't agree on until this afternoon?! Colors!!! Yes, colors! You'd think it wouldn't be a bigt deal - but both of us have extremely different ideas as to what we want in a wedding/reception especially regarding colors.... My ideas, Pink/Orange, Tiffany Blue/Brown, Dark Purple/Turquoise... His idea, Burgandy/Black/White.... Do you see the difference? He's looking to be a little more traditional and classic, while I on the otherhand am looking to be a little more contemporary and spring-ish (not a word I know). No harm in that - except that we couldn't decide on a color scheme! I realize people don't have problems choosing colors... it's only a color afterall - but we just couldn't agree on it! Well, this afternoon we finally came to an agreement! I won't share the color scheme with you because it might jinx it - but it makes us both happy. It's traditional and classi while on the same hand more contemporary and spring-ish, plus it's very romantic! I'm REALLY excited about it! Yay for big decision # 2!!!

I think 2 major decisions in one day is enough for me!!!! :)

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Sun River Gardens is the best place for a reception! We are so happy we did it there and you save a TON of money on flowers and decorations! Wedding decisions stink- thankfully we had my mom who was a wedding planner in another life...

Heather said...

If you need help on a dress I would be more than willing to assist. Or if you need to vent about anything I am here for that as well.

Anonymous said...

oooh ooog i know! i know the quote!!
girls just wanna have fun!!!