Monday, January 19, 2009

The One!

Well I did it on Saturday.... I bought a Wedding Dress... Ugh! It was probably one of the longest days of my life. I hate shopping for clothes when it means I have to try them on so this was no different. At least I had my mom, my sister, and my sister-in-law with me to help pass the time and help me feel better about myself... Shayla really is a great sister! She is so supportive and knows just what I need to hear! I really value her opinion!

We went to two different stores and really were only dress shopping for 4 hours, which is about 3 1/2 hours too long for my taste. But what can you do right?! We went to the first store and I tried on 4 dresses there and didn't really like any of them (Sarah said one looked like a table cloth), so off we went to the next store. I was able to choose from hundreds of dresses which is a little overwhelming for me. I think the girl helping me could see that so she just started bringing me different types of dresses.

The first one, I didn't like, and neither did anyone in my family. The second one was alright - but it wasn't my favorite. The third one was better - but it was really puffy. The fourth one... Oh the fourth one. As I was putting it on I texted my little sister to get my camera ready because I was really going to like this one. I came out of the dressing room and had to step up onto this platform so everyone in the store could see me, Arrgh. Anyway, there was another family there next to my family that was watching their family member try on dresses as well, and when I stood up there my entire family, as well as theirs Ooh'd and Aah'd about it and about how perfect it looked! I hadn't even seen it yet - it just felt different putting it on. So, I turned around to see it in the mirror and I loved it immediately! It was beautiful and NOTHING that I would have chosen on my own. But I loved it and so did everyone else. Part of me didn't want to try on any more dresses, but I figured I'd try on one more that was pretty. I put it on and liked it just fine - but it wasn't the other dress. I told the girl helping me that I didn't want to try on any more because I loved the other one. She had me put it back on and we looked at veils, and headbands, and shoes, and other junk like that.

In the end I only bought the dress - and I'm so happy with it! The best part?! It was on sale! I got a $950.00 dress for $499.00 I love getting a deal! I have my alterations appointment on Friday evening and then I wait for it to be done! Whew! One more 'big' thing checked off the list! Today we meet with a caterer... It would be nice to check off another!

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Yay! That's exciting. I remember that feeling -just wanting to get things decided and paid for. It's nice when things start to come together.