Thursday, June 11, 2009

It's Official!

Well, Travis and I are officially home owners! Yesterday morning we went to Surety Title and sat across the table from Michelle who told us what all the pages were and made sure we signed in blue ink and used our middle initials. It was such a great experience! Signing my life away (as well as all of the money I hope to make in the next 30 years) to have a house - Yay! I'm so excited!

I spent the rest of the day working like a maniac while Travis called and set up all of our utilities at the new house and cancelled the internet at the current house - the Direct TV will be cancelled just before we move! I have to be able to watch my shows ya know!?

Travis and I went to dinner last night to celebrate. We met at Teppanyaki down in Jordan Landing - YUM! Can I just say that I love the Geisha meal! I could eat there every day - but now that I have a house payment I won't be eating there as often I guess! After dinner we went home and watched So You Think You Can Dance and Deadliest Catch (Travis is such a good sport) before we finally went to bed. It was a nice relaxing night - and very exciting to know that we are no longer renters!

So this weekend we will get the keys!!! Over the next few days we will clean the house, get the carpets cleaned, locks rekeyed, and then start moving things in because the big move is on the 20th! I'm so excited for the big move! I can hardly stand it! We will finally have a place that is all our own!!! My family will come up and help and we have some friends that will help as well - we are lucky to have such wonderful people in our lives!

I'm sure we will spend that entire weekend trying to unpack and get things set up just the way we want them... I can't wait! I'm so excited!

No comments: