Friday, February 12, 2010

Eight days...

My little brother Spencer has been home for eight days now. He has started therapy already, and will see a psychiatrist for med management next week as well. He is such a good kid, and he is terrified. He is afraid that people are going to judge him because he is home. He tries to avoid people at all costs - he hates going to Harmons now, and doesn't want to go to his home ward. I know it's because of how awful the experience was when Brian came home early from his mission as well. People can be so mean. I know that some of the people in my parents ward have good intentions - but please - just stop! Let Spencer deal with the things he needs to deal with. Don't bug him about going back out - don't make assumptions - and don't pass judgment. It's interesting - in a church where we are taught to love people unconditionally and not to judge people - some of the members are prejudice, gossipy (is that even a word), and downright rude! Mind your own business people!

ANYWAY - other than that... things in my house are going... they aren't going well but they aren't going poorly either. They're just going. I'm still doing WW with my good friend Vicki - so that's good. She is definitely a great support. The Thursday night WW teacher is AWESOME and helps keep me from getting discouraged - and motivates me! It's nice! I'm still teaching at UVU. Tomorrow morning I have my first formal evaluation in the middle of the semester. It's a little scary - but it will be good I guess! This weekend is a nice long weekend - yay for Holidays! Travis and I will probably go out for dinner and to a movie for V-day. On Tuesday I have a big hairy exam to take. I don't feel prepared for it, but part of me thinks I'll never feel fully prepared for it. I asked Travis if he would be mad at me if I didn't pass the first time. (It's a $175.00 exam) He responded by saying "You're going to pass! And if for some strange reason you don't - it's just money." It made me feel a lot better - not great - I'm still nervous as heck. Boy has the anxiety been intense for the past 6 weeks! Also, I'm waiting to find out about a piece of legislation that will determine whether or not I can keep my job. It's been a long few days trying to figure out what will happen! I guess it could be worse right?!

Travis is doing well - our 1 year anniversary is coming up quickly! We don't have any plans yet - but any suggestions are welcome! I'd like to take a nice short vacation - especially since neither of us have had a vacation since our Honeymoon! I'd take a weekend anywhere right about now! We will see what happens! The dogs are doing well... There really isn't much more to update on! My life is pretty lame!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope little Spencie is hanging in there! Oh goodness, I can't believe it's almost a year. hummm...a vacation to celebrate, not sure what to suggest. Just something you both would enjoy!!