Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Shaking things up a bit...

Things aren't really very exciting around my house - or in my life really. I have a nice daily routine that is tried and true... but I'm getting a little bored so I decided to shake it up!

I have been applying for jobs around town lately. I have a Masters Degree and figure that I might as well use it! I've applied for probably 6 jobs in the past three weeks - and have gotten 5 of those oh-so polite emails (yes they do it by email now) saying "Thank you for your interest, but we have hired someone who has more experience." At first it was frustrating - but I figure someone will want me eventually.

Well, last week I applied for a job (I won't say where because I don't want to jinx it) and got a phone interview last Monday. Then, they called me on Thursday and asked me to come in on Tuesday (yesterday) for an in-person interview. It was my first interview after graduate school - and my first interview in 6 years really - so I was terrified! I think it went well - but who knows. They said they would let me know by the end of the week.

I guess we will see if changes happen because of this. I applied for another job this afternoon - you know, just in case I don't get offered the other one, or I decide I really don't want to do it... I know you're chomping at the bit to hear if I am offered the job or not - don't worry - I'll let you know! If not, there's another one somewhere I'm sure!

No comments: