Wednesday, December 9, 2009

25 years...

Who knew getting a Masters Degree would be so expensive! I have just made my first student loan payment... my first of many! It's unfortunate that I had to take out loans to pay for an education - and even more unfortunate that I have to start paying them now, even though I just graduated about 4 months ago - and MOST unfortunate - that I will be paying on them every month for the next 25 years! But, I guess it's not a big deal! I mean, I learned a lot - because of my degree I am teaching at UVU so that's a good thing too! I had to extend the amount of time I pay on my student loans from 10 years to 25 years because I wasn't comfortable with the payment schedule that UHEAA and the FedLoan companies were giving me... I mean, I don't mind being poor - but dang! :) In any case, I'll pay without complaint because I have something to show for it! I guess that means I should take my licensing exam huh?! :) That's next on my to do list - after grading the finals from my first stint as a college professor! Wahoo!

No comments: