Monday, November 17, 2014

Thankful Day 16

Today, I'm thankful for my mom and my mother-in-law. They are very important women in my life. 

My mom Kris - we have had SO many problems, disagreements, arguments, fights, and times we really just didn't like about each other - especially in the past year. However, there are so many things I love about her. We are colleagues! We share a profession and are able to talk about it in a way I can not take about it with a coworker. We share a love of music - good music! I always say I'm a music snob because I am picky about what I like and I hate it when people are off pitch - and I can blame that snobbery on her :)  She is supportive in my career and my personal life. She loves Travis, and is obsessed with Lincoln! She's a great grandma and I love how much she loves my son.  

My mother-in-law Annette - she raised an amazing son. The most amazing man ever actually. She has struggled in the past year because last October she was diagnosed with Stage 4 brain cancer. She's had chemo and radiation since and has lost all of her independence, but she always tries to look on the bright side and it's pretty admirable!

I'm lucky to have two strong mother figures in my life!

No comments: