Monday, November 3, 2014

Thankful Day 3

Yesterday's was posted but didn't publish and I just noticed that... Oh well ;)

Today, I am thankful for my education! You see, I grew up always knowing school was important and that I would go to college. It seemed natural to get a bachelors degree and even a masters degree. I think I could be a student forever...  But I am thankful for that education. It makes me happy to have gone to college. I met my husband because I was in college.

Not only that - but it has given me many amazing opportunities! As a result of my education I have had some amazing jobs,  I've met amazing people, I've taught college, I've published papers, I've presented at conferences, and I've gotten a couple of licenses and certifications.

But above all - I've learned to look at people without judgement. I've learned to listen rather than speak. I've learned to work hard and never give up. I've learned to think critically. Above all, I've learned that I can do anything I put my mind to.

November 12th is my last day at Chrysalis. I decided I needed a change, and because of my education it was easy to make! Starting November 17th I'll be doing social work for Intermountain Healthcare Homecare and Hospice. I'm SO excited!

No comments: