Wednesday, December 12, 2007

People Amaze Me!

I am pretty cynical... Im not gonna lie! I guess that happens in my line of work - anyway - There is a guy at work who hasn't talked to me in over a year - he got angry with me for sticking up for him but I guess he was embarassed. In any case, he has ignored me for months - and our offices are next door to one another. Today he came into my office and asked to speak with me in private. I was totally caught off guard because like I said, a year! ANYWAY - He told me that he was impressed by an email that I had sent out to the building asking for donations from my co-workers, to help another coworker with Christmas - and said that he had a great idea. He said he works with a family who is looking to help someone with Christmas. He said they are extremely wealthy, and that they want to help someone who is deserving. He said that he knew who I was referring to in my email and that his friend would love to help them. He asked me to do some detective work and get some information about her children, their ages, and needs etc. I told him I would do it and let him know by tomorrow. The thing is - this guy has always come off as kind of a jerk - you know the type. I'm too busy to deal with you even though my job is to help... or I have better things to do with my time than deal with you... So I was totally caught off guard - but then again I'm so happy I could cry! This family is so deserving! I would buy them Christmas on my own if I could... but luckily, there are people in this world with the means and the desire to help those less fortunate than the rest of us. God Bless Them!

No comments: