Wednesday, December 5, 2007

PROUD!

I am so pumped! I just finished my first semester of graduate school! Ya know - It really makes me feel good about myself! It has given me confidence and I feel really empowered! Like i'm more in control of my life even though I've learned I really have control over nothing. I guess it's because I did a lot of self-work and with that came a lot of feelings and crap. I didn't use to be a big feeling type of person - but now I am pretty in tune with how I feel - and I want to know how others feel! I've also come to the conclusion that I'm just going to work on myself for the next year and a half. I don't want to have to worry about boys and relationships and stuff like that. I figure if I can work on myself and be happy with myself and the way that I am and the way that life is... I'll be happier in general - and then whatever happens - happens! If I never marry and have a family I'll be okay with that. Cause I kinda like myself - and I'm kind of a fun person to be with. I'll just have to get a dog - or a plant - like in 28 days! In any case - today has been a great day! I think i'll get good grades! I'll be busy as heck next semester - and part of me really stresses about that but another part of me feels like I can do anything and will just be better at prioritizing my life and my schedule! I just have to take care of myself first! If that means I have to get a pedicure occasionally - then so be it! Besides - having cute toes makes me feel better about myself too! It's like the feeling when you just get your hair done! You feel great and look great - I love that feeling! Maybe that's why I do it so often. I think after I do all this self-work for the next year and a half - I'll need a vacation. I think i'll go to NYC. I'd like to see Wicked and RENT - buy something nice at Tiffany's - go to China Town and buy purses from "the back room" - walk through central park - and do all those lame touristy things! I'll need a vacation - and I'll deserve a vacation! Afterall - I will have just finished a Masters Degree... and that's something to be proud of!

No comments: