Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Bandwagon...

Yes, I am a bandwagon jumper! Shortly after Christmas I realized I was going to spend countless hours reading mindnumbingly boring textbooks for the next 15 weeks and figured I'd better get some reading for enjoyment done. This year the only books I got for christmas were school related so I borrowed my little sister's book Twilight. Now, I know plenty of those annoying girls who can't stop talking about the series and how amazing they are - and I had intended to boycott them. However, my lack of reading material made it necessary to pick up the first one and read it. After the first 50 pages I was hooked. It is entirely juvenile reading, and isn't the type of story I would usually read, but I really liked it. So much so, that I bought the other two books and read all three within 2 weeks time. Pretty impressive considering I have a full-time job, two part-time jobs, and go to school full-time! In any case - I enjoyed myself and find myself talking to other people about it. I'm hoping I haven't become one of those annoying girls. I didn't read it in public, when I was meeting friends for lunch, or when I should have been working.... just at night and on the weekends when I needed to relax. I must admit, i'll read the next book - and I'll see the movie!

In less exciting but still as irritating news: I spoke with D briefly today. Ya know, I think i've come to a very important realization with the help of group therapy last night. [Meaning, in my "how to be a therapist" class last night we discussed this very topic] He isn't interested in me anymore. Move the hell on right?! For some reason I still hope... in vain I guess. He has shown no interest in spending time together, or even talking on a regular basis. You'd think I'd get the hint right?! Apparently I'm not as smart as I'd like to think I am! Don't get me wrong - I'm asked out plenty - and I've been out with someone quite a few times since the dreaded text from D.... I'm just not that interested in anyone I'm spending time with (notice I don't say dating - you date people you like, and I dont like him). Hindsight is 20/20 and looking back, I don't know that he really liked me the way I liked, and continue to like him - but I guess that's what happens right?! I mean, I'd do anything for him - but that's what you do for people you care about and something about him sticks with me. I just need to move the hell on! Good luck right?!

No comments: