Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Better-ness

So, I figured since it's almost the end of January, I'd update on how my New Years Resolutions are going....

1. Don't procrastinate: Let's be honest, did I really think I was going to quit procrastinating? case in point: I have the first paper of the semester due tomorrow morning, have I started it? Not a chance in hell! On the bright side though, I have at least given the topic some thought. How diverse am I? Not at all! Paper written - all I have to do is expound on that for 3-4 pages - Piece of cake!

2. Exercise 3 times per week: And did I think with my schedule the way it is that I could actually accomplish that? Yes, I did - until I realized that I hate waking up early! Yes, I hate it! Life shouldn't start until 9 a.m. and I'd be ready and willing to go by then... but really! Before then, I'm lucky if I put my shirt on the right way! Really though, I'm exercising at least 2 times a week, sometimes I'm only 2, sometimes i'm 4... it's a crap shoot I know! Such is my life!

3. Be a better friend and listener: I'll just say to some degree I'm kickin butt in this area - and to another degree I've failed miserably. But I'm not going to let one person ruin my statistic - so I'm doing very well in this area! I hope!

4. Attend the temple regularly: Well, I've got a temple recommend interview next week. It's a start! I'll be better!

So, I'm not stellar - because really, life happens right?! But i'm not giving up. The idea is improvement right?! And I'm working on it - if I give up now, I won't improve at all which would be the dumbest thing ever! So, I continue to strive for better-ness... that is not even a word I know... and I don't care!

No comments: