Monday, November 24, 2008

Gratitude Day # 4

I am thankful for...

1. My job! Thankful I have one first and foremost, but I am thankful for my job because I love it. I have met some amazing people through work! I have made some great friends through my office, through the providers I work with, and through different divisions I work with. It is nice to be able to enjoy work because of the people I work with. Not only that, but I love my clients! I am so grateful to work with some amazing 'kids'. I have been truly blessed by their love as well. I had a client pass away almost two years ago, and after the funeral I received a very nice thank you card from her family - thanking me for everything I had done for them. In reality, I hadn't done much for them and felt like they had truly blessed my life as they are some of the most unconditionally loving people I have ever met.

2. My Education. Yes, I am in the middle of furthering my education, but how lucky am I to be able to do this?! So lucky! I am truly blessed to be able to go to school and get a great education so that I am able to provide for a family in the future - and also so that I can be a good example to my own children. I want my children (assuming I have some) to know that an education is important! You never know when you will need it!

3. Motion Sensors in Public Bathrooms. I know this is odd, especially because my first two were so important. This is important too! Most of you know I loathe public bathrooms! Can't stand them and try not to use them! However, with modern technology, I can go to the bathroom and not have to touch anything with my hands! It really is a miracle! No flushing because the toilets flush on their own! No touching sink handles because the water turns on by itself! No touching a soap dispenser squirter because it squirts itself! No touching the paper towel dispenser because they dispense with the wave of a hand! Now, if only the doors would open on their own....

No comments: