Wednesday, January 16, 2013

October 12, 2012



I got “the call” on Wednesday from the doctor’s office. My pregnancy test was negative – obviously.  I was prepared to hear the result, but it still stung.  Katie told me we should meet with Dr. Heiner and have our follow-up appointment. I asked when, and she told me when we were ready. I asked her what we do now – just start over?  Basically, yep, that’s the only answer for us. We start again – we pay the HUGE amounts of money to try again.  She told me the second cycle is usually easier, and has really good success rates. This is likely because the doctor has gotten so much information about me and my body and how it reacts to the medications, and stress of IVF – and we can adjust the cycle accordingly for next time.  

If we had the money, I would do it again right now! The earliest we could do it is January – I have to have 3 periods before they want to do it again.  Financially, who knows when it will be. Travis said March at the earliest. I’m hoping for March.

We are planning on sitting down with our parents (Mine next week – Travis’ when they get home from Aruba in November) and letting them know that we went through the entire process, and it failed, and now we have to start over. 

I have spent quite a bit of time this week looking for a therapist.  However, I can’t find a single therapist in the entire Salt Lake Valley that specializes in therapy regarding fertility issues. You would think it would be something that would be readily available given how prevalent fertility issues are.  Maybe I need to start my own private practice… 

For now, I’m keeping my head above water. I’m trying to stay positive and not stress out too much. I’m trying to figure out how we will pay for our next cycle, when it will be, and what to do until then.  Hopefully the next cycle will bring more positive results!

No comments: