Wednesday, January 16, 2013

September 7, 2012



I had my appointment this morning – blood work and an ultra sound.  During the ultra sound they found out that one of the follicles on one of my ovaries is really big.  They have to determine if it is producing hormones – if it is, we can’t do the cycle right now and have to figure out what to do. 

Normally, they use birth control to stop that type of thing – since I can’t use birth control who knows what they will do.  If the follicle isn’t producing any hormones then we are good to go.  They will look at my blood work and let me know later this afternoon. 

Obviously I don’t feel like working as I’m waiting to hear if we are able to continue with this cycle or if we have to start over.  Of course the money is an issue as well – If I don’t use the drugs now – do I have to pay for more? I know one of them has a shelf life of 30 days – so will I need to get that drug again? Or will I have to get all of them again?  

I need to just relax until I hear from the nurse… This could be a seriously long day!

I just got the call – It was only 4 hours from the time I had my appointment to when they called.  My hormone level was perfect!  Yay!  I start the extra shots tonight! 

No comments: