Wednesday, January 16, 2013

September 11, 2012



I have been giving myself injections for 4 days now – the injections themselves are not very easy, but at the same time – they aren’t as awful as I had thought they would be. Two injections in the evening… it’s not fun but it will be worth it!

I haven’t felt hormonal at all, but it’s only been 4 days so it may be too early to tell.

Yesterday I had my first monitoring appointment and had some blood work done.  I got a phone call from the nurse at the end of the day saying she needed to talk to me about a medication change.  

Apparently, my hormone levels dropped, which she said occasionally happens – so we need to be more aggressive in my hormone treatment.  So instead of taking ½ mL of low dose HCG and 4 vials of Bravelle in the evening… I am now taking ½ mL of saline and 5 vials of Bravelle in the morning AND ½ mL of low dose HCG and 5 vials of Bravelle in the evening!  Whew!

I have now gone from 2 shots per day – to three!  I started the third shot a day this morning.  Travis watched me give myself the shot for the first time and told me he was impressed at how well I did it. It’s not like I really have a choice – I wouldn’t force him to give me a shot in the stomach!  So, I told him thank you and I had a lot of practice already 

I have my next appointment in two days – I’ll get more blood work done and have an ultra sound then as well. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that everything will go well! 

No comments: