Wednesday, January 16, 2013

September 16, 2012



It was weird for me to go in to a doctor on Sunday. But, it was a good appointment so I won’t complain. Travis and I spent the weekend in Park City. We left on Friday and came home just before my appointment today. Dr. Heiner had the day off today, so I saw Dr. Hatasaka.  He is SUCH a nice man. He told me that my uterus looks great, and the lining is nice and thick and ready to receive an embryo.  That was nice to hear! He also said that my ovaries look really good, and if we retrieved them today or tomorrow, they would be able to retrieve probably 4 eggs. I was a tiny bit deflated, because I’m hoping for 12 eggs (I don’t know why – but I’m just really hoping for 12). I decided maybe 12 was a little too high to hope for – so I’m hoping for 8 eggs. He told me that I need to start taking Ganirelix injections (surprise) to make sure my follicles don’t release any eggs before we can retrieve them; or as Travis likes to say, so I don’t “lay eggs.”  But, he told me we would keep me on the meds and they wanted to start seeing me daily now.  Yay!

No comments: