Wednesday, January 16, 2013

September 21, 2012



It is amazing that in the three days I have not blogged, so much has happened! On Wednesday I really thought we would trigger – and so did Dr. Heiner. He told me that my follicles look really good, but that he wanted to see what my hormone levels are before he decided whether or not to trigger me.  He had Katie, his nurse, teach me about the trigger and what will happen when we trigger just in case we triggered on Wednesday night.

Wednesday afternoon, Katie called me and said that my hormone levels were borderline, and that because Travis and I are doing the PGD, Dr. Heiner wanted me to wait one more day to trigger so I can have as many eggs as possible.  One more day of shots… bleh.

On Thursday morning, I went in and saw Dr. Heiner. He looked at my ovaries and even I could tell how much bigger they had gotten since my last appointment only24 hours before. He gave me the good news that on Thursday night I would trigger. That meant they would retrieve on Saturday!
So, I talked with Katie again around 5 pm and she told me that I would do the trigger shot that night at 11:30 pm. Then, on Friday I would take NO shots including the blood thinner. This is because the egg retrieval is actually a surgery – so I can’t take any blood thinners for at least 24 hours when I’m having surgery.

I’ll go in to the doctors on Saturday at 10 am. At that time, they will prepare me for surgery, and they will retrieve my eggs while Travis collects the sperm. From there, they will then do ICSI and actually fertilize the eggs with the sperm.  From there – we wait until they do the PGD and then on Thursday probably, we will do the implantation!  

I'm excited for Saturday! I can't wait to see how it goes and how many eggs they are able to retrieve!

No comments: