Wednesday, January 16, 2013

September 18, 2012



I went in yesterday, and was told my ovaries are looking good, and I have 2 follicles that are at an 18 (they want 6 or so to be over an 18 before they do the trigger shot) so it should be sometime this week.  I took two Ganirelix injections yesterday. If you’re counting, that was 5 injections yesterday.  Today, I went in again, and Dr. Heiner was out of the office today, so I saw Dr. Blauer.  He was really nice too!  It’s amazing how nice everyone is there at the clinic. 

Dr. Blauer did my ultrasound and said that he was surprised that I only had 5 follices at an 18, and that they weren’t going much higher than an 18 – but that I was growing new follicles as well. I guess that’s not typical. In any case, he told me that my HCG levels aren’t as high as he would like and gave me instructions to take the HCG with my morning and evening dose now, and the Ganirellix just at night. He said it’s possible that I would need my trigger shot tomorrow. He then told me, that from my follicles today, they could probably retrieve 10 eggs!  I was SO surprised, and so excited!  Maybe 12 isn’t unrealistic!  In any case, I’m getting very excited!

I have felt a little sick for the past 24 hours or so, but I’m pretty sure it’s from all the hormones, so I’m not worried about it. I’m just trying to keep positive and wait to see what happens at my appointment tomorrow morning!

No comments: