Friday, October 18, 2013

4 1/2 months...



I am 18 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I still haven’t felt my little man move – at least not that I know of anyway. But I’m so blissfully happy.  Travis and I picked out bedding for the nursery on Wednesday night. We are getting new carpet in the entire upstairs installed a week from today, so we decided if we wanted to paint the nursery, we should probably do it this weekend. So, last night, we went to Buy Buy Baby and bought a piece of the bedding and off we went to Home Depot to buy paint. We decided to do light grey walls, a dark grey accent wall, and white trimming. With our 4 gallons of paint – off we went to attempt our nursery!  Last night we washed the walls, took off all of the outlets, etc. Taped the accent wall, and painted it. This morning we woke up early to do a second coat on our accent wall. It looks amazing!  It’s a little darker than it looked on the swatch and on the paint can – but I really like it!  I’m getting so excited!

Next Wednesday, at 19 weeks, we are having our BIG ultrasound.  We will get to see our little guy, his brain, his heart, and everything else. I can’t wait! I’m not having a difficult pregnancy so sometimes it’s hard to “feel” pregnant. I try to talk to him, and get him to move around – but he doesn’t listen to me yet. I told Travis he would probably be like our furry kids, and only listen to Travis. I’m sure he’s moving around in there – I just wish I could feel it already. I’ve been told it’s normal not to feel him yet – maybe he needs karate lessons or something so he can kick harder. J  I’m just being impatient I know. I’ll relax and wait, because as soon as he starts kicking and I can feel it – I’m sure he won’t stop!

Travis has been so sweet throughout this pregnancy – not that I expected anything different. But while we watch tv he will put his hand on my belly and rub it a little. He is actively trying to come up with names for our little one – and he made me make our first purchase last week. I’ve been stressing about it because it is a little overwhelming. So, last week when we went out looking specifically for cribs, we saw a pack n play that we thought was pretty cool, although for a pack n play it was kind of expensive. It has the little newborn bassinet on the top, a little changing table on top, AND a removable bassinet with a stand. I thought it was awesome because we want the baby in a bassinet by our bed for the first little bit, so this seemed perfect. We looked at other ones that were cheaper and we just really liked the removable bassinet – so we decided that was the one we wanted. So Travis said we should just buy it right now. I was kind of surprised because I hadn’t planned on buying anything at all that day. I had some serious anxiety while this was happening because it seems like such a big commitment, and I was kind of scared. (yes, I’m a baby) But, we bought it, and it’s in the box in our downstairs living room (where everything but the bassinet stand will be) – and I’m sure we will put it together sometime soon.  

I’m so excited – I have so many emotions and feelings around this experience – I don’t really know how to explain it, but I really couldn’t be any happier!

On another note - I just decided to publish all of my previous posts from this second IVF attempt - you don't have to read it if you don't want to - but I wanted to have it here so I can have it for myself. 

No comments: