Friday, October 18, 2013

August 7, 2013



Yesterday I had my first appointment at the Maternal Fetal Medicine clinic at IMC. I was officially 7w6d yesterday and got to see another picture of our little one. The second sac was still there, unfortunately, there was nothing in it so – no twins for us. But that’s okay – I think I knew there was only one in there so I wasn’t too surprised, but I was still a little bummed. In any case, there is one healthy baby with a heartbeat of 160. 

The ultrasound tech was SO quick! It was insane!  It was my first abdominal ultrasound so far, and it was wonderful!  I seriously was so surprised at how quickly it went by. Then we met with one of the other doctors because Dr. Porter was out of the office for the week. She seemed pleasant enough… not super friendly, but whatever.

Afterward, I went to the lab and did a urine test and a blood test. While I was waiting for my blood test – one of Travis’ clients that works for IMC walked by us and stopped to say hello.  It’s a little hard to avoid the “are you pregnant?” question when you are in the women’s center – on the maternity floor – at the lab…  So, she knows.

We are so excited that there is at least one baby in there with a really strong heartbeat! I haven’t been feeling horrible – but I certainly have my moments. Aside from random bouts of nausea, and really painful boobs, everything else seems to be good. After our appointment we went to Harmons, and the smell of the butchers area with the fish and raw meat – made me so sick! I seriously, almost barfed multiple times, in the middle of Harmons!

Poor Travis is such a good sport and gave me the car keys to go sit in the car while he finished the shopping. I just went to the produce section to pick out fruit and then the checkout stand. I survived… barely!

Aside from baby stuff – I turned 32 today… I don’t feel too old – but I am really happy that I’m at least expecting our first child at 32… Who knew this year would be so great for us!

No comments: