Friday, October 18, 2013

July 13, 2013



Today I made the trip to RCC for the blood work to tell me if I am pregnant or not. I was SO nervous that I made Travis drive me.  We got there, and I went back and had the blood drawn. Since it was a Saturday, I asked what time I could expect to hear from them. The phlebotomist told me that there was only one nurse working and that she would be closing the phones at noon and then be making calls. She told me to expect a call by 3 pm.  SO LONG!

So, I went home and hung out with Travis, and then went to Zupas to meet my friends Jodi and Rani for lunch. After lunch I got a message from RCC and ran outside to grab it. The nurse asked me to call her back so I was immediately nervous – why wouldn’t they just tell me on the voicemail!

I called her back and she said they were looking for an HCG level of 100, and my level was 174.5 which means I am definitely pregnant!  WHAT?!  I was so excited I started to cry a little and she had me make an early OB appointment with my doctor, told me congratulations, and to keep taking my meds.  I hung up the phone and REALLY wanted to call Travis and tell him, but instead, I decided to surprise him.  I headed to Target to see if I could find something to give Travis to show him we were pregnant. I was hoping for a gender neutral onesie, or bib or something that said “daddy loves me” or something.  I spent 25 minutes in the infant section before I finally found a little gray and white striped newborn jammie set. I figured it would work!

I went home and needed to go to the bathroom as soon as I pulled in, so as I walked into the house, I knew Travis would come upstairs and I wanted to see his reaction, so I took the outfit to the bathroom with me.  When I opened the bathroom door, Travis looked at me and said “Well, have they called you yet?” I pulled out the outfit and said, “We are 4 weeks pregnant!”   The look on his face is one I will always remember. He was SO excited and came right over to me and kissed and hugged me probably 50 times. Unfortunately, we didn’t have much time to bask in our pregnant glory since we were heading over to the movies to watch Despicable Me 2 with his sister and her family. 

As we drove we decided we wouldn’t tell anyone until September just to make sure it sticks, and so that we could tell everyone around the same time and since Travis’ parents will be out of town for all of August and September, we figured the end of September was a good idea.  We sat in the theater holding hands and knowing that we had finally done it – we had finally gotten pregnant. It’s an amazing thing to know!

I am so excited for this new adventure, and am especially excited to have Travis by my side during the entire process! I am one lucky gal!

No comments: