Friday, October 18, 2013

July 23, 2013



Yesterday we had our first ultrasound.  I was SO nervous because I just wanted to make sure there was SOMETHING in there. For some reason I was really worried about having there be nothing and really I just wanted to be pregnant so bad that I had given myself symptoms and stuff.  But, when we looked for a gestational sac (since that’s all you would see at 5 weeks 5 days) – we found one!  Actually, we found TWO!  

One measured at 5 weeks and 3 days, so it was looking pretty good. I figured that was pretty accurate since we were two days late on the retrieval and implant (late for what they wanted). The other sac was rather small and Dr. Heiner didn’t bother measuring it or really looking at it.  He said for right now, I am pregnant with twins – however, the one may be absorbed because it’s so small and may not grow – leaving me with only one.  

My heart was kind of crushed. Sure, twins were kind of a long shot – only a 10-20% chance, IF we got pregnant. But there were 2 sacs there… which means there are potentially two babies.  I know it’s a long shot – but I’m really hoping they both stick still!  Maybe the other one just took a little longer to implant.  That’s what I’m hoping is the case anyway. 

Dr. Heiner looked for a heart beat in the big sac, and couldn’t find it yet. He said that was normal since it’s still really early – and told me to come back next week for another ultrasound. He said next week he would give me pictures as well since there was nothing really to see this time. 

I’m so excited to be pregnant! It’s something we have been waiting for and wanting for over four years! It’s kind of surreal that it’s actually happening you know?!  I told Travis, if I start to complain about any of the symptoms to tell me to shut up because I wanted this. I’m willing to deal with waking up a million times in the night to get comfortable (I’m a stomach sleeper so trying to sleep in different ways is really uncomfortable), being awesomely bloated, crampy, having seriously sore boobs, and some nausea. It is a nice reminder that we actually did it! 

I still want to tell everyone - but we are still keeping it pretty darn quiet. People have asked how things are going and we just smile and say things are fine. They are fine. They're better than fine really - but I don't want to give it away.

No comments: