Friday, October 18, 2013

July 9, 2013



I had a bit of a surprise last night when Travis and I were talking about scheduling my pregnancy test.  You see, when I read the paper I read 17 days and assumed it was 17 days after the implant.  However, Travis was positive it was 17 days after the retrieval. So, I looked at the paper last night… it’s 17 days after the retrieval, which is THIS SATURDAY!  Yikes!  I don’t know why but that loss of 3 days to prepare kind of threw me for a bit of a loop!

So, how have I been feeling?  Pretty good I guess.  I’m not in pain anymore, which is always nice. I’m still taking my progesterone gel in the morning, and my blood thinner at night.  But there are no other big shots to take and no more blood draws and ultra sounds.  

Since I don’t know what it feels like to be pregnant, I don’t know if that’s how I feel.  I have been experiencing symptoms that are common of pregnancy, but they can all be explained away by other things…  For example:  The fish section in the grocery store is usually a little smelly – but on Sunday Travis and I went in and the smell was overwhelming!  Sensitivity to smell is a sign of pregnancy – however, it could very well be that the fish wasn’t fresh anymore – it was Sunday after all.  Another example: my boobs hurt, I’m HOT all the time, I’m super emotional… all signs of pregnancy.  But also signs of the fact that around the time I get my pregnancy test results, would be the time I would be starting my period anyway. So whether I’m pregnant or not – I’m hormonal!  Finally, I’ve gotten nauseated a couple of times the past few days – just some small waves but nausea none the less.   However, I’ve just started playing video games with Travis again, and I’m not used to the quick movements in the games. Granted I got nauseated in the car – but maybe I read too many billboards.  

I’m trying not to psych myself out!  Really, I’m trying… especially after the last results.  But this time seems different, and maybe it’s just me again. But this is something I want more than anything!  I’m keeping my fingers crossed!

No comments: